Ballet Talk for Dancers
Xena

Adult Summer Intensives- a list

SewRibbons

Is anyone considering or planning to attend the artEmotion program in SLC http://www.artemotion-summerintensive.org/general? I am considering it. I'm older though and have some worries about taking class with dancers so much younger. Also, they only offer Beginner and Advanced levels. I am not a beginner but I also would not want to put myself in a class of 20-something year old advanced dancers. I really need an intermediate level class. But I liked that this program was just two classes per day. Programs like Sun King have too many classes in a day. I don't think I could do that.

gav

Hi Anna,

I don't have personal experience with the InStudio intensive, but I remember looking at the curriculum last year. At that time, it looked like many of the classes (all of the technique classes, I believe? I don't remember exactly) lined up with their normal open class evening/weekend schedule. I did not pursue this option myself, but if I were researching it in more detail I would want to know if there are dedicated classes for the intensive or if participants join the normal open classes for some or all of the intensive program.

Good luck!

annag

Thanks! I'm all signed up (yikes!) It's local for me and a reasonable cost so I thought I'd give it a shot.