Ballet Talk for Dancers

Declining acceptance...

Guest ballerinababe88

Guest ballerinababe88

If you get into a summer program, but you decide to go to a different one, do you need to write them a letter to tell them you're not coming? If so, what should it say?

• Administrators

It's always a very nice thing to do, although not essential unless you have been awarded a scholarship. In that case, it is very necessary that you let them know as soon as possible that you are not accepting.

As to what you say, just thank them very much for accepting you, but you will not be able to attend the program this summer. If you wish to go further and tell them why, or which program you accepted, that would be fine too.

This thread was helpful to me too, since I got accepted at several summer programs and I need to decline some. I think I will go ahead and write a letter just to be courteous. Thanks for your advice Mrs. Leigh

These letters should be in a business letter format, right? That's what I was going to do.

That's right, use a business letter format. Most Word Processing programs have a template, if you're not 100% clear on the difference between that and a social (friendly) letter.

Thanks! I was just making sure...