Ballet Talk for Dancers

Registration form for SI

Animefleur

I'm not quite sure which would be the best way to fill out the registration form for the SI I would like to go to. The first question is how many days per week do you take class? That's straightforward, of course, but the next question is how many hours per day do you dance? I wish they would have asked how many hours a WEEK do you dance because one day I take two hour and 1/2 classes, another day I have a 2 hour class (technique followed by 1/2 hour pointe) and then other days I take one hour and a half class. It would be much easier to give them a weekly total rather than daily, but how should I answer it? Should I just say 1 hour and 1/2 per day since all but one of my classes are this length? Add them all up and divide by number of classes?

• Administrators

That is a dilemma, Animefleur! :) I think maybe you should add up all the hours, and then divide it by the number of days and come up with the average that way :)

Not trying to make too big a deal out of this, but with me everything is overly dramatic until it's solved ;)! I tried averaging it out, which sounded like a good plan, but when I added up the average by number of classes per week it made it look like I had 30 min more a week of class than I actually do. I want to be very careful about that since I am still behind my age group. Maybe it would be better to just say 1 hour and 1/2 per day x times a week, although that makes it look like I have 30 min less of class time than I actually do. Here I go again....:)