Ballet Talk for Dancers to close ×
Ballet Talk for Dancers

summer ballet school

Guest ziva cvar

Guest ziva cvar

hi! I am interested in a summer ballet course, somewhere in Europe! I want to go to France or Belgium the most, because of French language. Could someone suggest me the school. I tried to find it myself, but I didn't see anything appropriate on the net. I am eighteen and this year I will finish ballet national school of Slovenia. Thanks!

Guest ziva cvar

Thank you giselle!I've already sent a mail to them because on their homepage I didn't find any informations about summer program. I hope I will manage it somehow, but it really makes troubles for me. My school never organises anything, we always have to do it ourselves.Where are you dancing?

That looks like an awesome program Ms. Leigh. What an opportunity to practice both ballet and French! I wanted to do something like that this year, but decided I should wait until next year for that. I'll keep this one in mind. And thanks for asking, ziva cvar :)

Guest ziva cvar

Thanks to both of you. I've already been to this page and it seems really interesting. Only one thing I didn't fint-the date. I have two months free during the summer-cathastroph for ballet dancers. In slovenia no one organises any ballet courses during the summer, so when we have to start again we all have night mares. That's why I would like to have at least one month training. Somehow I hope I will manage it.Thanks!

Guest Nadezhda

Hello Živa!

I'm from Slovenia, too. It's been said that at the end of June there will be a summer dance school held in Maribor (supposedly, they will have ballet too, taught by a British female teacher). If the other summer programs you will be in don't interfere with that I suggest you go to Maribor as well, since it's definitely cheaper than France and also you get to work with foreign tachers, that teach different syllabuses. :)

Apart from that you may want to look into Dance Europe magazine (they sell it in Vale-Novak bookshop on Wolfova ulica in Ljubljana).

Wish you luck in finding a good school!

Guest ziva cvar

Nadezha it is interesting that we are both from SLO! Upam da si iz slovenije. ker bom pisala v slovenscini. Iz kje pa si, maribora?Nazadnje bom ugotovila, da te celo poznam!Upam, da bom dobila cimhitrejsi odgovor, ker me res zanima!Cau

Guest Nadezhda

Ziva!

Because this board is international, we are required to write in English. When you become a full memeber to this board (30 posts) we can exchange personal messages, until then we can only communicate this way. :)

I'm from Ljubljana, so maybe you DO know me, but I doubt it. I'm not in the Srednja baletna šola LJ, though. I understand your Slovene prefectly, but - as said before in order for others to be able to understand, what we are talking about, the posts must be in English.

Hope this satisfies your curiosity! If you have any further questions, please post. :)

Guest IrishKitri

Hey you two!

I´m from Graz, Austria and I would like to attend the Maribor Summer School, too. Do you know where I can get a schedule and application form?

Maribor is only 1 hour by train from my home so that would be perfect for me :)

Thanks for your help!

Sylvie, Austria

Guest Lovebird

Perhaps you could try the Victor Ullate ballet school in Madrid.I go there and it is a very good school.In the summer there are four classes a day and you get very strong.Also,Daria Klimentova of ENB is organizinng a summer program in Prague,it looks interesting.In France there is also Marika Besobrasova's program in Monte-Carlo which is a dream.

Guest ziva cvar

thanks, I will check all that, but I wonder if all these great programs for summer are done only by auditioning or like for everybody. Because if there are auditions I am sure I've missed all these.ASndit is almost april already, that means at least two to three months to begging of summers courses!I betther go and search for the most suitable program!;)