Ballet Talk for Dancers

Syllabus problems

Guest Christina_ballerina

Guest Christina_ballerina

Hello!

I'm having a problem learning the Cecchitti syllabus. I've been at this new studio for about 4 weeks now, and I just have soooo many problems learning this stuff. I will practice what I remember from class and I will do it correctly at home, but when I go to class I just can't do it. I can't remember. My body just gets confused. Why? What's wrong with me? I'm in the highest level there. I don't want to be the worst in class but all this terminology I've never had before is overwhelming. The studio I went to before was so horrible. Well, at least I only have a week of Cecchitti left before they take exams and it's over until next year. Whew!!! But what about when they begin technique? Will I understand that? It's so hard. Would a private class help? I need some help.

Christina, the ballerina

A private class to familiarize you with the basic things that makes the Cecchetti method distinctive would probably not be a bad idea, until you build up a "muscle memory" of what and how everything is. Also hitting the written materials that are available for Cecchetti classes would probably be helpful. Ask your teacher for a look at some of them.