Ballet Talk for Dancers

little europe...

Guest mien

Just wanted to say that it looks like there are as much danceschools in America as there are grains of sand in the dessert!!!

Europe seems to be so small, so little, think i've got to get out to find the ideal school!!! :)

Nevermind; I'm just getting crazy of searching and searching...

mina

xxx...

• Administrators

Mina, there are indeed many, many schools in America, but don't forget that this is also a very big country! Also, many of the schools are recreational dance schools, not the kind which can prepare a dancer for a career in classical ballet. There are also a number of serious, pre-professional schools, but they are far fewer than the total. Most of the schools offer many kinds of dancing and the students take only a little ballet, along with tap, jazz, lyrical, hip hop, etc. A lot of them focus more on performance and especially competitions than on actual training. While these schools can offer great enjoyment and a lot of performing experience, most of them will not be able to train a classical dancer. But then, not everyone wants the life of a serious classical dancer, and of course many do not have the potential for achieving professional status in this field. I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time finding good training where you live.