Ballet Talk for Dancers

too soon?

Guest aeangel008

Guest aeangel008

hey....I just started ballet and pre- pointe and the first class my teacher said i was ready to go on pointe i thought it was too soon but she said i was strong enough...do u think its too soon?and if it is will it hurt my dancing?well write back cuz im curious..thanx!

~Joelle~ rolleyes.gif

Joelle, if you don't agree, that's a sign of your good sense! Any teacher who would advise a student on a first class that they were ready for pointe is a bad teacher! You deserve far better than that. It will definitely hurt you, as much as in "real life" as in dancing. Don't do it! I'll be in touch!

Maj. Johnson

Guest aeangel008

thank you for your advice, I'll tell my teacher that i dont feel ive had enough experience yet,and that i want to wait until i've had more experience... thank you again for your advice!

~*~Joelle~*~

• Administrators

Joelle, I have no idea where you are or what your options are as far as teachers go, however, if there is an option I would recommend that you look into it. Any teacher who would even think of starting a beginning student on pointe should not be calling herself a ballet teacher.