Ballet Talk for Dancers

Books: Parent's Book of Ballet

driver of a dancer

I phoned Princeton Book Company today and asked if The Parents Book of Ballet arrived yet.

"They came in today and are shipping today"

When you get the new edition, could you please post your review on the book? I have the first edition and would like to know if there are enough changes in the newer edition to warrent a purchase. As my daughter grows, I find that each new chapter offers new information that comes in very handy. If the newer edition has more in the chapter related to SI's, I would indeed be very interested, seeing that my daughter will be auditioning in January for the first time. Any info is going to be very welcome. :)

• 9 years later...
Myfairlady

Can anyone tell me in a little bit more detail exactly what is in this book? I can't find a real detailed summary anywhere. I've checked Amazon already and it's pretty vague as well. What parts did you like or dislike? Did they say much about how to choose a ballet studio for your child? Did they talk about the different kinds of credentials/qualifications for teaching ballet in America?