Ballet Talk for Dancers

SI

Guest alliecat93

Guest alliecat93

Hello everyone! I have been dancing for 2 years and I am currently taking class with girls who have been taking ballet for like 7-9 years. It is over my head at times, but I feel I am improving much quicklier than I would otherwise. My question is: I want to continue my training over the summer, but I don't know where to go. Considering that I started thinking about this a little too late, some of the auditions for my area are over, but I don't think I'd make it over girls who have been dancing a really long time. Where can I go that would be kind of my level? The class I mentioned earlier is level 4 out of 6 (the 6 is just including "real ballet" and up)I should also mention that almost all of the girls in my class are on pointe. Also, I don't want to go to something thats not intensive- like I want to be dancing all day long. Wow! I know thats a lot to want but let me sum it up for you:

~exepts 2 years training (not en pointe)

~more "intensive" than "workshop"

~still able to audition

Thanks so much to everyone who replys!!!!!

• Administrators

alliecat, I'm not sure where you live, but if there is an SI program in your own school that would probably be the best bet for now. The problem with "away" programs is that they are geared for the more advanced dancers, and it's hard to get the amount of hours you are talking about when one is not yet on pointe. Hopefully by next summer you will be ready for a full program!