Ballet Talk for Dancers

Dance Floor

Guest alliecat93

Guest alliecat93

Once again, if this topic is out of place, feel free to delete it. I have been dancing for a few years, but have always had trouble with my pigue turns, so I decided to practice them. I put on my ballet slippers and for about 2 hours I just kept doing pique turns across our living room (it's pretty big). Since the floor is really slic and smooth, I didn't have to put as much "spin" on them to get around, but then when we went to do tthem in class, I wasn't getting all the way around because oh how I had practiced them. I would rrally like to buy a small, dance floor. Like they have in the studios, but on the websites that carry them, they are so expensive. Does anyone know where I can find one cheap? Thanks to anyone who replys.

If you mean just a roll or two of marley (marine linoleum), that's not terribly expensive compared to a section of prefab sprung dance floor. You can get marley cheaper than at a dance floor suppliers if you try your local boating supply store, or flooring shop. What you're looking for there is unsurfaced marine deck linoleum in rolls. If you're looking for a section of dance floor, good luck. It's very expensive, and your best bet there is to find a dance studio with a floor like that that's gone belly-up, and try to salvage a piece of the flooring. Only one big drawback - the units are individually quite heavy and will be sure to mar the floor it's laid on - your parents won't like that.