Ballet Talk for Dancers

Switch Leaps

Guest DancingQueen

Guest DancingQueen

Hi~I know there was a post on here about switch leaps but i couldn't find it in the search. Actually, I couldn't find anything, maybe its my computer. Anyway, does anyone have any tips on switch leaps, cuz I've been trying for so long to get them descent but it seems like no matter how hard I try sometimes, I just can't seem to get that second part after you switch your front leg to resemble in any way a leap! So please any and all suggestions are very much appreciated!!

Meaghan, that old thread aged out over a year ago. There were never any more takers who seemed to request information on "pas de ciseaux", so I decided it wasn't a Frequently Asked Question and deleted it.

Suffice the advice to be: jump HIGH, switch FAST, travel LONG! ;)

Guest Nadezhda

I know this is a technique question, but I thought I might contribute this. :) If, however inappropriate, please, delete it. :)

Meaghan, I think that a good, high grand jete with stabile landing is the point from which to start. For pas de ciseaux you need lots of strength. If you tend to have long muscles and are generally weaker at jumps, then for some time you might not be able to do it. I have a compact body stucture and overly developed muscles and I am able to do it. :eek: Maybe this is the anwer to your question.