Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashlee

What do u think of Ballet Boarding Schools?

Guest Ashlee

what do u think of boarding schools made for ballet? Has ne 1 ever took a course or term at School of American Ballet? :cool:

Victoria Leigh

SABgurl, there has been a lot of discussion about the various ballet academies/boarding schools here on Ballet Alert Online, but a lot of it has been more in the Ballet Moms and Dads forum. Personally, I feel that they are fine if the child NEEDS to leave home in order to receive pre-professional level training. However, if one has a good home life and good training in their city, then I see no reason for them to go away, except in the summer, of course.

amyhad

Hi.I actually attend a ballet boarding school and have for the last 4 years.I have to say that although in my very first term many others were homesick and missed their families but once we had started traing that seemed to change everyone.I have to say it is extremely hard work because you are constantly living ballet and being there u cant just go home and get away from it all.It is tough but I say that if your prepared to work hard and sacrifice all other social activities then a ballet boarding school can be a great push to really go for it and eventually get there.

Anyway,I hope my opinion has helped. Good Luck with what you decide to do.

Love Amy xxx