Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lesy

Schools

Guest Lesy

Are there any good ballet schools in Florida? :confused:

[ 08-12-2001: Message edited by: Lesy ]

Mel Johnson

Well, let's start with the school of the Miami City Ballet, in Miami Beach, and then talk about Harid Conservatory in Boca Raton, to say nothing of splendid private teachers like Martha Mahr in Coral Gables, and Robert Pike of the Miami Conservatory.

Victoria Leigh

Then there is the School of Ballet Florida in West Palm Beach, the school of the Boca Ballet in Boca Raton, Diane Partington School of Classical Ballet in N. Parrish (somewhere in the Bradenton area, between Sarasota and Tampa/St. Petersburg). What part of Florida are you particularly interested in?

Victoria Leigh

Diane Partington School of Classical Ballet, 8219 US Highway 301, N. Parrish, FL. 941-776-3696 This is in the Bradenton area.

Mel Johnson

And then there's the School of the Sarasota Ballet of Florida.

Guest dncrgrrl

I'm from Florida, If you can go to St. Pete there are excellent schools there. Elena Martinson and Andrei Ustinov teach there (they have a studio, which I love) Also Judith Lee Johnson's school is Awesome! Two of the dancers there (who I took class with) are now at SaB. I have a few friends at Sarasota Ballet, and they seem to like it. Good Luck finding a school!

Guest Lesy

That sounds great I'll check them out!!! :D