Ballet Talk for Dancers

Books: Balanchine, Celebrating a Life in Dance

I just got my copy (from Amazon :wink: ) and it is beautifully done. I enjoyed what Paul Parish wrote about 'La Sonnambula'. The Sleepwalker truly was a role waiting for Allegra Kent--and I liked Paul's pairing her with Kronstam (whom I did not see)--all this set me to fantasizing-------a while ago Al Pacino played the part of a director in a film (can't remember the title) who creates a "Star" using computer technology and fools the public into thinking she is real. Isn't there some technical wizard out there who can re-create Kent and Kronstam in 'La Sonnambula'? :wacko:

atm, if ballet were as "important" as, say, hockey, there would be a video game where you could choose your favorite star, and cast him or her in your favorite ballet (or the opposite, if you had a different turn of mind!). But, alas, the market would be too small for the effort! Now, if some 14 year old computer geek/ballet student had a free summer.......

Guest Herman Stevens

I ordered the Costas book a couple days ago. I'll be writing a feature when the Dutch Nat Ballet celebrates the Balanchine Centennial, so I should be able to claim the bill...

Herman