Ballet Talk for Dancers

ABTgirl14, have you taken the opportunity to read this WHOLE thread? The form of the audition process at Butler has been explained previously. Some of your other questions, likewise, have probably been discussed. Looselegs has provided you with a nice summary, but you still might want to review all the information available on this thread.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dancemaven

• Coppelia-doll

• kwdancer13

• tutu2you

I am planning on auditioning for butler in february but i havent called the school yet to make it official, is it too early to call them or should i do it soon? Also i am sending off my appliccations and things at the end of the month but should i wait to schedule and audition until after i definitely get accepted academically. i am afraid it might take to long to find out.. The whole college process is very confusing still!

Call the dance department and ask. It is your best source of information for this question.

It would seem to me that you don't have to be accepted into the University prior to auditioning or prior to registering for a certain audition date---otherwise, the October and November audition dates would have very few auditionees and/or be pointless.

You do not have to be accepted to the University in order to audition, but the University must have your application materials on file at the time of your audition. I recommend getting your audition date set up as soon as possible, because of the University's established dance program and popularity, spots fill quickly.

Guest balletandsynchro

Yes, LooseLegs2 is right. My DD tried to schedule an audition but was told that nothing could be scheduled without the application being in. The only thing that they would wait for is the letter of Recommendation, which as we know, sometimes can be delayed if the counselor or teacher is writing letters for many students! B)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest balletandsynchro

AmaG520, how quickly did Butler let you know which audition date you were assigned out of the three requested? Also, did they let you know by email, or by normal USPS? Thanks! :ermm:

It was a couple weeks, and i was notified through normal snail mail. My audition will be november 6th because i had to get my tonsils out and had to reschedule, but i will let you know how it goes!

looselegs2, my audition is Nov. 6th too! Maybe we will meet each other! Does anyone know if the ballet classes are back to back? or is there a little break between each one? It wasn't specified in my letter and I was wondering if anyone knew. Thanks!

i do not think they are back to back... the first one (i think) is around 12ish, and then the next is at 2. thats crazy we have the same audition date, we'll definitely have to find eachother!

I recieved a word of my audition date by regular mail 2 to 3 weeks after I submitted my application. The audition classes were in fact back to back, with about 5 minuted in between. I then recieved word back about my acceptance from Butler by regular mail about two weeks after my audition. Hope that helps! I'll be happy to answer any other questions :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone receive their letter from the Nov. 6th audition? I'm very ecstatic to say that I was accepted to Butler's dance program. I really want to go, as it is my first choice school. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else had heard and if they were planning on attending or not. Good luck to those who still have to audition!