Ballet Talk for Dancers

Thank you laurelballet! This is great information. Butler is holding a class for interested juniors in Baltimore in January. I’m taking her there with high hopes of getting a good feel!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kwdancer13

• Coppelia-doll

• dancemaven

DD was accepted to Butler academically but not to the Dance program.  She has more auditions and is waiting to hear from other schools.  Good luck to everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

My dd just did a regional audition this weekend and I was able to watch.  It was one of the hardest audition classes I have ever seen (and I've seen a good variety from 3 letter schools to contemporary companies/schools).  Wow!  I don't feel as bad about there not being any pointe.  It was a great class.  I see in the past comments from November about 3 of 5 adjudicators or 5 of 8 adjudicators needing to approve for acceptance.  This audition only had 2 people there.  One teaching class and one gentleman observing.  I don't think they were video taping at all.  I wonder how that works?

• 4 weeks later...

😊 yay!  DD received her acceptance letter from the dance dept today!  A sigh of relief!!

Thanks everyone.  It is a boost of confidence for her for sure.  With the one rejection and one waitlist,  I was starting to wonder what we'd do if she didn't get accepted anywhere!  

Any other dk's here considering Butler?

• 3 weeks later...

Any other possible Bulldog Ballerina's here??  :unsure:  I would love to discuss this program with someone who also has a senior who is considering this program.   I'll be visiting next week but feel the need to discuss as much as possible to help make decisions!