Ballet Talk for Dancers

Lyngo

Has anyone received results yet from the auditions held at Butler on January 17th?

EDITED: Never mind! My daughter received her acceptance today! 

Edited by Lyngo
Updated information

coconut1

Congrats!  My DD just looked at her email and got in!  Woohoo!

Momof3Girls

Has anyone who was at the Feb 7 audition heard results?  They said about a week and tomorrow it will be 2.  

Pinkytoes

There are a bunch of hotels near 465 and Meridian, just south of Carmel. This gives easy access to both downtown Indy and bustling Carmel. Easy access to Butler, straight down Meridian.

The Hampton Inn - Keystone seems popular with Butler parents based upon stickers on the cars on the parking lot. 

I have also tried a couple of different Air B & B's but this seems best once you know your way around town a bit. 

m.e.e.

My daughter also auditioned on Feb. 7 and has yet to hear anything. We're sort of assuming that no news is bad news, but who knows?

graciemarieballetlove0922

Hi all. I am auditioning for butler tomorrow. I’m so nervous. Any advice or info about the ballet program would be greatly appreciated. Also has anyone else auditioned for 2020 what was the audition like? I was accepted into the school as a transfer student. But idk if I will be accepted into ballet I know it’s super competitive and I don’t have that much of a chance. But I’m hopeful. Only issue is the expense I don’t think I could afford t even if I got in. Anyone have insight into financial aid or scholarships or work study ?? 

graciemarieballetlove0922

Hi all. I am auditioning for Butler tomorrow. I’m so nervous. Any advice or info about the ballet program would be greatly appreciated. Also has anyone else auditioned for 2020 what was the audition like? I was accepted into the school as a transfer student. But I don’t know if I will be accepted into ballet I know it’s super competitive and I don’t have that much of a chance. But I’m hopeful. Only issue is the expense I don’t think I could afford t even if I got in. Anyone have insight into financial aid or scholarships or work study ?? 

•  
Edited by dancemaven
Added standard capitalization and full words per BT4D Rules and Policies.

threegirlpileup

graciemarieballetlove0922 merde for your audition!

My understanding is that Butler isn't super generous with merit aid.  Have you run their Net Price Calculator?  That would probably give you a better idea of what your cost is going to be.

dancemaven

In general, graciemarie, schools do not have academic scholarship dollars for transfer students. (But that doesn’t mean there are never any available.  You’ll just have to ask Butler admissions folks). The best opportunities for academic scholarships are when a student enters as a freshman.  Departmental scholarships (such as dance) may or may not be available to transfer students, depending on the department.  In general, however, there is less money available via departmental scholarships.