Ballet Talk for Dancers to close ×
Ballet Talk for Dancers

dance collages

Guest TPMDdancer

Guest TPMDdancer

I'm in my junior year of high school, and have begun searching for collages that have good dance programs. For the most part, I can recognize what schools will provide me with the best training, however, sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between cold hard facts, and propaganda. What schools do you recomend I look at? :( I've been trained all my life in ballet, but I kind of want a school that will let me branch out into other dance forms as well. Any suggestions?

Consult the Dance Magazine Guide to Colleges and Universities.

Once you've done all the research you can do from home, go visit a few schools. Observe some dance classes. Some places will even let you take class with their students so you can decide from a dancing standpoint whether or not you like a certain school's program or not. Talk to students (or former students). They can give you the inside perspective and answer specific questions. Any pamphlets or handouts should be taken with a grain of salt, of course; it's amazing what a few high-quality photos and nicely-worded paragraphs can hide.