Ballet Talk for Dancers

My Ballet Journal

Guest bugsy

Hello, bugsy, and welcome to Ballet Talk at Ballet Alert! Online!

Would you mind giving us a hand here, and checking the URL for your page? What's there just sends me to various "dead end" error messages.

Would you mind giving us a hand here, and checking the URL for your page?  What's there just sends me to various "dead end" error messages.

When I click on the link, it comes up with a journal and a picture of "Billy Elliot"

Thanks, bugsy, works fine now. Sounds like you could become the Alexander Radunsky for the XXIst century. (Radunsky was a really BIG character dancer with the Bolshoi - he could really move and had a terrific stage presence)

Your journal is very interesting! As a fellow 29 yr old that is hoping to sign up for adult classes....it was great to read about someone in a similar position! I look forward to reading more as your classes progress! Good luck this week!

I just read your journal, and it's fabulous. I can't wait to read more about your progress!

Your story is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing it.

Ballet can be frustrating at times, but stick w/ it and you're bound to see lots of improvement taking all those classes.

You are very courageous for sticking to what you want. Others would be mortified to try doing what you are doing.

Keep up the good work. Looking forward to reading about your progress.

Hi Bugsy,

I read your journal and found it fascinating and inspiring. Particularly, the Billy Eliott opening: sure enough, every one of us - the non stereotyped late beginning male ballet students - all have something of our own to overcome for the love of it.

I wish u good luck and a lot of fun.

Dick

Hey Bugsy,

I'm glad you signed onto ballet talk. I'm the guy who emailed you yesterday regarding the glycemic index nutrition info. If you haven't already, you should definitely check out the men's forum with all the stories of how people got started. Take care and I hope to read more about your progress.

Danny

Hey Guys, sorry that I haven't been around but I've been sooo busy. Thanks for all the words of encouragement! I'm posting in the journal every Saturday so I hope that you stay interested! What's glycemic index nutrition info? I don't recall getting an email. Thanks again!

Go to the library and find books and pictures that talk about the Bolshoi in the late 50s, early 60s. Look particularly for pictures of the dances from the opera Ivan Sussanin(by Glinka) also called A Life for the Tsar. He's the big guy playing the Tsar. He was a very imposing presence, and could be stately, scary, or funny, depending on what the part was.

OK, I found him by the Russian spelling which is Aleksandr Radunsky. I even saw him in part of an 18 minute video clip of the 1954 Romeo & Juliet ballet that he participated in. Thanks! :)