Ballet Talk for Dancers

I'm back, I'm back!

Jaana Heino

After being sick for two weeks, I felt up to going back to classes today, and as my doctor had said that I could go any time I feel like it (given that I stop immediately if I start feeling bad), I did. I was behind the class, naturally, but not too horribly, and I was <em>absolutely</em> delighted to be there. After coming home and stretching I'm really tired now, and have the tiniest hint of a head-ache, but I had absolutely no problems in the class itself (though I confess I was glad we didn't have pointe...)

(Not actual subject matter here; just wanted to vent the utter joy of being back to classes to someone who understands. :))

Congratulations in getting into the recovery mode, Jaana! :) I can tell you, it feels great to get back into business after an illness, and your positive outlook bodes well for your near future. You'll catch back up in just a little while; in the meantime, don't force it, just let things flow naturally, as you did today.

Thanks for the kind words. I was actually quite surprised that I took being behind the class so well; getting angry and frustrated with myself is one of my major problems with the art. I hope this mood continues. :dry: