Ballet Talk for Dancers

Question about dance companies

SwanQueen

My friend is a senior in high school and she is looking into dancing professionally, but wants to find a company that has good training but is somewhat small. She has looked at companies like NCDT II, Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre, and Ballet Magnificat. If anyone has helpful information or personal experience with these companies, my friend would really appreciate the advice. Also, any companies on the east coast that are similar to these would be helpful to know about. Thanks in advance!

Well tell her her best bet is to look in the Mid-West. There is a small company my friend is with in the Quad Cities right outside of Chicago called Ballet Quad Cities. About 11 dancers. Check out www.balletcompanies.com. Look in the midwestern states and I think you might find what you are looking for.

Wow, never heard of it (I live right in Chicago). Could you tell me more about it? Do you know how far outside of Chicago. I'm always interested in going to see more dance, and so is my family.