Ballet Talk for Dancers

Princess Grace Academy?

Petite_Arabesque

I was wondering if anyone knew any info on the program at the Princess Grace Academy of Classical Dance in Monte Carlo, as my teacher (Elisabeth Carroll) would like to send me there next year. Any info on the program, alumni, experiences, etc., would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~*~Carmen~*~

I'd appreciate information on that school, too. There doesn't seem to be any online, and I've been wondering about it ever since I read about Marika Besobrasova in The Art of Teaching Ballet.

(Knock knock, I'm not a young dancer but thought that the following might be useful :) )

Indeed, there seems to be little online about that school.

The following review (in French) of a gala in Monaco gives a little bit of information on Marika Besobrasova:

http://www.imagidanse.com/francais/presse/...ageNoureev.html

It says that she was born in Russia "not long after the death of the last czar" (I guess it means around 1920?), that she was a student of Victor Gsovski and Lubov Egorova, that she danced for the Ballets de Monte-Carlo (I don't know which ones) and then became a teacher quite young, for the Ballet du Marquis de Cuevas and then for her own school which was started in the 1950s, and then became in 1975 the "Académie de Danse Classique Princesse Grace".

The article mentions two alumni: Christine Camillo (now principal in Berlin) and Emmanuelle Grizot (now principal in Bordeaux); I also found on some other web sites the names of Deborah Bull (former Royal Ballet principal), Laura Cazzaniga (principal in Hamburg), Sandy Delasalle (dancer in Berlin), Lisa-Maree Cullum (principal in Munich),

and Friedemann Vogel (principal in Stuttgart).

The official site of the Princess Grace foundation is there:

http://www.fondation-psse-grace.mc/activities.html

Hope this helps...

Good news! :D Ms. Carroll lent me a video about the school called "Le Regard". All in French of course, but helpful nonetheless. I can undersnad some of it...hahah. But the actual video is very good--looks like beautiful facilities! :rolleyes:

~*~Carmen~*~