Ballet Talk for Dancers

Getting scared. . .

Guest dancingforever

Guest dancingforever

I'm leaving to audition for Alvin Ailey, Dance Theatre of Harlem and Steps in New York on Tuesday, and while I'm excited, I'm really nervous. :wub: As you probably can tell from my posts, I'm not that great at ballet, only having started a couple years ago. I know I've come a long way in a short time, but I'm really having doubts about my auditions. What if I don't do well in the auditions and I don't get in? Plus, I feel really weak from having no classes during break. Of course, I was doing exercises on my own, but in class yesterday and today, I was so off. :shrug: I'm just worried and don't know how to raise my confidence so that I won't be super nervous at the auditions. :thumbsup:

OK, what's the worst that can happen? You don't get in to any of the above programs. Solution: Set sights lower, go somewhere else. Easy! :)

I'd just like to add that I feel your pain! I, too, am very very nervous for auditions this year! I have auditioned in the past for the value of the experience, but never to really get into a program before! I am going tomorrow, so wish me luck! I hope yours go well!

Guest dancingforever

Thanks for your support! I got into Alvin Ailey and Steps, and I'm waiting to hear from Dance Theatre of Harlem. It was a great trip--though VERY COLD-- :clover: and I'm glad I went!

I had an audition for NCSA yesterday...and I think it went well! I was pretty happy about it. I just have to send in the aplication now...