Ballet Talk for Dancers

Nina Anianshivili

Guest russianptaylor

• 2 months later...

There is a tape of Don Quixote and Swan Lake with Ananiashvili. You might also be able to find her in other little parts of ballets.

• 4 weeks later...

I have seen Nina perform many times and she is one of my all time favorites!!! A true ballerina with beautiful technique and great stage presence!!! I love her!!! :)

• 4 months later...

I just read on Nina Ananiashvili's website that she just accepted the offer to become the artistic director of the National Ballet of Georgia! Does anyone know if she will still continue to dance with Bolshoi and ABT?

• 1 year later...

I have never seen her dance live, but I have seen videos. She seems kinda old fashion. It would be nice to see her live, because I have heard good things about her.

• 4 years later...

I had the once in a lifetime opportunity to watch Nina Aniashvili in the role of Giselle with the National Ballet of Georgia June 11 and WOW! She is inspiring, breath-taking, and masterful to watch.

I had heard last year when we saw her at ABT (I think it was an article in the program) that she was going back to Russian and would not be dancing with ABT anymore.

I had hoped to see her with ABT, but missed out. I caught National Ballet of Georgia (the country not the state) at the Spoleto Festival in Charleston, SC. She is the AD of the Company (she was featured as Giselle last Friday).

Edited by Dancers Mum