Ballet Talk for Dancers

I want Alexandra Ferri FEET !!!!!!

Guest nyMETdancer

Guest nyMETdancer

I don't have the best feet ever ,but i want to grow up and have pretty ones at least. What are some excersizes that i can do to make by feet have that big arch on the top ( like Alexandra Ferri) , and a high arch at the bottom, and make them strong at the same time. Preferable I wuld not like excersizes using the thera band because it latly has been hurting by ligiments/tendons in my knee. Thanks :shrug::unsure:

Guest nyMETdancer

Yes, I have heard that they do work well , but i have also heard that you have to be careful with them , not to over due it cause it may cause injuries , in the tendons in your foot. And I have also heard that when using it you have to make sure you do verything properly, or else you wll result in: * sicaling your foot *injuring your foot * devloping weird habit's. But I have also heard other very positive results. :unsure:

Welcome, nyMETdancer, to the Young Dancers' forums here at Ballet Talk at Ballet Alert! Online! :unsure:

If you take the time to look around the site, and particularly in the two YD forums and the Archives, you will find that there are many posts in the past which cover this topic and can be found by browsing thread titles or by running a search.

Guest dancergal

I know what you mean nyMETdancer! I've always dreamt of having feet like Alexandra Ferri or Paloma Herrera. I have almost completely flat feet, so having good ones has been my lifelong dream.

I do have a Pro Arch, and like everyone said, you have to be careful not to push it too hard. From personal experience, I have found that when I use the ProArch my feet look good, but only for about a half an hour after I use it. After that they go back to their usual flat selves. However I don't know that if it improves your feet after a long period of time, because I have gotten a bit lazy with using it and don't use it very much anymore.

Guest SophieSapphire

When using the ProArch, it's VERY important to perform the strengthening exercises AS WELL AS the stretching ones. If you don't strengthen as you stretch, it's true, your pretty feet will only last for a short time becuase you don't have the muscles to work your newly-arched feet. So after you stretch your feet, be sure to use the other feature of the contraption and do the strengthening exercise.

Edited by SophieSapphire

Well, I used my friend's pro-arch when we attended an SI two summers ago. To tell the truth, I think it is a scam. I did not feel the stretch, and it tends to sickle the feet. If I were you, I would not waste any $$ on it. :wub:

We're getting about a 50% consumer rating on it from past posts. In other words, it looks like it works about half the time.

Nymetdancer and others I feel your pain about wanting alessandra ferri feet. I HATE my feet!! I guess they are ok but I really dont use them and I really try to also just nothign works It always looks bad. I dont think there is any quick fix to get her feet. You've got to work with the foot you have to the best of your ability. Don't expect to wake up one morning with a huge arch and a archy bump on the top of your foot. ( I wish that would happen though B) ) I would use a thera band to stregnthen and also stretch for example have your friend stretch it or use a couch. But be careful so you don't get injured!! :)

I was not blessed with the greatest feet either and day after day I wish I were for it makes eveything so much easier. But my ballet tacher recomended I see my studios physical therapist and I have been seeing him for the past two years. He has been strechting my feet weekly and given me excercises that I can practice at home. I used to not be able to even get on top of the box of my pointe shoe, but now, I have feet good enough to surpass as a bellarina. They are not amazing like Patricia Barker's or someone's because those people were born like that, but they are closer.

P.S. I have a Pro Arch and I use it sometimes. It is not very dangerous unless you are on a slippery floor and don't have someone holding it on the ground. My physical therapist approved of it, so it can't injure you unless you push to hard or do things improperly. I think it works great.

I have high arches, and although a lot of people envy them,lol, they don't really know what it is like to do pointe and feel like you are so much weaker than everyone else, and you have to do all of these extra exercises to help build strength and stuff. Sometimes it is so discouraging. just thought I'd share the other view point(e).

Yes, I agree. It's much harder to find shoes that work, and even when I do they don't last long at all. Besides, you have to work on constantly pulling back and not going over and running the risk of a sprained ankle. I guess when they say the grass is always greener on the other side--it is!