Ballet Talk for Dancers
RELdancer14

Met a Famous Ballet Dancer?

balletlemming

I have met Susan Jaffe (she's my ballet teacher) , Kyra Nichols (and she gave me a signed pointe shoe), Christina Fagundes (she taught some classes @ my summer intensive) and I've seen Maria Korowski and a bunch of others @ Steps or just around- never actually talked to them though and they didnt see me, so u can count it if u want :clapping:

mohnurka

I've actually met quite a few famous Kirov dancers. They toured the U.S. and brought La Bayadere to Detroit in late October/early November of 2003. I saw (backstage and from the audience) Andrian Fadeyev, Sofia Gumerova, Igor Kolb, Irma Nioradze, Leonid Sarafanov, Elvira Tarassova, Diana Vishneva, Gabriella Komleva (now a teacher), Lyubov Kunakova (now a teacher too), and Makhar Vaziev (Kirov's director). I didn't have the courage to get anyone's autographs, but I did see them backstage (I took part in the performance) and stood within feet of them :innocent:B):shhh: It was great !!! :clapping::thumbsup::P

mohnurka

By the way, Artistka Baleta -- I'm jealous of you meeting Anna Polikarpova :clapping::shhh: I've seen her dance on many videos, and she's so beautiful!

AEDancer

I have met Julie Kent< Susan Jaffe who is my teacher twice a week at PDT<Irina and Maxim backstage at the Metropolitan Opera House when I was performing there, Patrica Barker, Kyra Nicholas and the whole Russian Kirov company!!!!!!!

DreadPirateRoberts

I was able to meet and briefly chat with Baryshnikov after a White Oak

Dance Project appearance. He was gracious, funny, and amazingly humble

for being such a superstar. And yes, (I know it's cliche to point this out

but I can't help it) he seems shorter in person than on stage, where even

in his 50's he appears to be breaking the laws of gravity.

Guest izzydance

pierre locket & maya wilkins of the joffery ballet of chicago thought some of our classes. but pierre tought most of our master classes for about 3 years or maybe more i am not sure :blushing: .

Guest izzydance

i forgot to add that i had a master class with a guy from deeply rooted i can not quite remember his name. he was so nice and we had alot of fun even though it was a master class. :blushing:

Guest canbelto

I'm just wondering: where do you go to get autographs after a performance? Specifically the NYCB and ABT in NY? I've always wanted to try ...

Victoria Leigh

You go to the Stage Door, canbelto :D If you wait outside the door, they eventually have to leave the theatre!

Guest canbelto

Victoria,

Are they usually gracious about signing? I'd imagine theyd be tired after a performance ...

Victoria Leigh

Canbelto, personally I was never an autograph collector, however, I certainly never minded signing them when I was dancing! :) I think most dancers are happy and honored to comply. I hope they are, as without the audience they would not have jobs! :wink:

Guest dancingpeacock99

I've met Marty Dew, Joe Tremaine, (of course) and some lady who toured with Britney Spears.

My friend took a class and got patted on the head by Patricia Barker!!!

Bee

I've met Nikolai Tsiskaridze and Anastasia Volochkova.

Guest Mollieochie

I have seen Peter Boal dance, and he was truly amazing. I was even more amazed when i found out he had a broken toe! :P

Guest arabesque07

Well, this is a hip hop dancer, but I don't know if any of you watched The Wade Robson Project on MTV. If so, one of my good friends is Stephen Boss (aka Twitch). He was the second runner up to the winner. Anyway, that's hip hop, so I don't know if any of you have ever heard of him or anything.