Ballet Talk for Dancers
RELdancer14

Met a Famous Ballet Dancer?

nikki00

Well I met a few dancers on Saturday from the Australian Ballet, after their performance of "La Fille mal gardee". I met Principal Artist Lucinda Dunn (who danced Lise) I also got a photo with her, Coryphees: Craig Cathcart, Danielle Hunt, Andrea Parkyn and Danielle Rowe (my favourite dancer ever, I also got a picture with her) and Corps de ballet members Kristy Biggs, Chris Hill, Luke Ingham, Lana Jones, Natasha Kusen, Sakis Michelis, Amber Munro, Amber Scott and Remi Wortmeyer (he danced the rooster, and was excellent) I got autographs from all of them, and Remi Wortmeyer was so easy to talk to, and very funny.

KitriSpanishDancer

i actually got to dance with jennifer ringer and james fyette ( have no idea how to spell his last name) from nycb in our ballet the nutcracker when i was clara and they were sugerplum fairy and cavalier. They were absoulute sweet hearts and james made sure he didnt hurt my back when he had to put me in a shoulder lift. They made my clara expirience way more enjoyable. they werent stuck up one bit. :thumbsup:

Perfect Performer

I've met Gavin Larsen of the National Ballet of Canada. She guested with a local company I danced with. She was incredibly sweet and beautiful.

I've met (well, not officially met, actually) Jared Matthews. He came to my studio and his classes were always after mine and he'd come in and watch ours. I never talked to him, but I always loved to watch him dance.

I haven't met Lauren Anderson yet, but I'm going to this summer as she will be teaching at a SI I am going to.

Perfect Performer

I've met Gavin Larsen of the National Ballet of Canada. She guested with a local company I danced with. She was incredibly sweet and beautiful. I got a picture with her but silly me forgot to get an autograph. Oh well, a picture with her is better, right?

I've met (well, not officially met, actually) Jared Matthews. He came to my studio and his classes were always after mine and he'd come in and watch ours. I never talked to him, but I always loved to watch him dance.

I haven't met Lauren Anderson yet, but I'm going to this summer as she will be teaching at a SI I am going to.

pigtailgirl

I've taken many classes with Ted Kivit, and used to take classes regularly with his wife, Michelle Lucci. Oksana Konobeyeva is my current teacher.. [she was the second from the left in the 4 swans in center stage]. Peter O'brien.. i don't know if he's famous, but he teaches at steps :bouncing:

Dance NBM

OHHHH i freak out when I meet famous dancers lol.. I'm always too shy to ask them for an autograph.

Sascha Radetsky (took a ballet class with him and Yena Kang at BDC)

Julie Kent (taught at BAE)

Irina Dvorovenko (taught at BAE)

Peter Boal (taught at BAE)

Nina Ananiashavilli (saw her at a restaurant)

Peter Frame (taught at BAE)

Gennadi Saveliev (danced in a production with me)

Veronika Part (same as Gennadi)

Oksana Konobeyeva (danced in a production with me)

Ethan Browne (master class)

Hmm.. my uncle's ex girlfriend was Michelle Lucci I am meeting her this summer! and I think I might have a few classes at Steps with Leslie Browne this summer... I am so excited!

Edited by dancenbm

pigtailgirl
:wub: I loveee Irina Dvorovenko.. She's so amazing. How was her class? Are her feet as amazing as they look on stage? Her arabesque? Is she as pretty as she looks in the pictures? lol.. I'm a bit obsessed, but I just loved her in Swan Lake.

Dance NBM

She is one of my favorite female dancers! She only taught the highest level at the school, but I got to watch her. She is quite striking in her appearance and she has the coolest green eyes. She was injured when she taught the classes, but her technique still shown through. And yes, her feet are amazing lol. Everyone swarmed around her after the class and asked her to sign posters and everything, she was really sweet.

Tiffany

I have seen Irina Dvorovenko dance, and I have taken a class from Iliana Lopez (Miami City Ballet). Ms. Lopez's class was a good class and it was lovely to see her demonstrate things like a perfect penche (wish I could do that!).

Perfect Performer

I finally met Lauren Anderson today! She's really a great person and I really liked her class. Shes soo nice and really funny. :wallbash:

Guest littlegelsey7

I met Merrill Ashley once. She came and did this lecture thing in my city to because Carolina Ballet (the citys company) was doing a Balenchine program. She gave a really nice talk and we got to go up and talk ot her afterwards. She talked with me and my two friends a little and signed autographs...i forgot my camera :wink: . Robert/Ricky Weiss was a principle of NYCB for a while and he is the director of a professianal company that i was clara so i know him pretty well, and he loves me...lol :blushing: . I have had class with Debra Austin who was in NYCB...a principle i think. I also saw/met Heather Watts at a ballet performance. She was really short. :D:bouncing:

Guest pique_arabesque

I met Alina Cojacaru from the Royal Ballet this summer when I saw Giselle... oh my gosh, it was so cool! I was with a group from my summer intensive, and our driver was one of our teachers, and she asked us if we wanted to go to the stage door to get autographs afterwards so we did. It was SO awesome, because Alina was one of the last dancers to come out (I met a bunch of the others too!), so there were only a few people still out there. We got her autograph and took a picture with her, and even talked with her a little while because we were walking in the same direction. It was surreal. :)

I took class from Susan Jaffe at my summer intensive. She wasn't the best teacher I've ever had, but man, it was amazing just to see her doing the combinations! She has incredibile turnout and extensions still. Wow. B)

Guest Martyna

wow, that's so cool that you've met Alina Cojocaru... :D

I havent' met a world famous dancer - just the best female dancer here in Lithuania - Nerijus Juska :angry:

Edited by Martyna

Guest littlegelsey7

OMG that is so cool about Alina Cojucaro...i love her! She is so tiny and so amazing! :yes:

Guest JRSDANCER87

Ethan Stiefel and Gillian Murphy this summer at Walnut Hill (autograph and pictures)