Ballet Talk for Dancers
RELdancer14

Met a Famous Ballet Dancer?

Perfect Performer

At the Nutcracker I met Yuriko Kajiya. She was such a beautiful dancer. Got her autograph. :devil:

Guest sprinkles2484

At my old studio in Houston, we would perform our yearly recitals at the Wortham Theater (where the Houston Ballet performs). I rode in an elevator with Lauren Anderson one year when I was like, 14 with a group of dancers from my studio. She said hi and everything and we just looked at her like wow!

Guest Pointe_Princess

Well I come from Norway and here you dont really see a lot of famous dancers :green: But, when I went to New York I saw some :sweating: I saw Julie Kent, Ethan Stiefel, Gilian Murphy and probably more just that I didnt recognise them :thumbsup: well :lol: Although I didnt ask for their autographs which I kind of regret because its not really everyday that I travel to another country :rolleyes:

Hugs ~Pointe_Princess~

mapaalge

i met Nilas Martins when he was cavalier at my nutcracker. I saw Baryshnikov at SAB the other day and i saw Alexandra Ansanelli in an elevator. I also saw Janie Taylor. She's not a principle but she is AMAZing!!!!!

Guest Dance_Like_This

hmm. I've met Irena and Max, Ethan Stiefel, Gillan Murphy, Paloma Herrara, and Sasha Radetsky :bash:

Guest DerfDude04

Janie Taylor is now a principal! :bash:

I recently saw Ethan Stiefel and Gillian Murphy.

Guest xoliveurdreamsxo

hehe well a couple of months ago i auditioned to perform with the abt n i got in so i got to meet half the company members frm the abt.....it was reeli awesome. i was dancing with julie kent n she gave me a good luck kiss before the performance! i was speechless.....i also saw angel corella, sascha radetsky, maxim , gillian murphy, stella, n paloma n i have pictures with all of them......the only person i reeli wanted to see but didnt was ethan steifel......but hopefully i will get to meet him one day :) hehe well it was a once in a life time oppertunity n i had a reeli great time to be part of their performance.

Guest rainbow bright

I've seen Sascha Radetsky and Julie Kent...to name a few from ABT. They were beautiful!!!!!!

born2bprima

Unfortunately....not up close ...but I did see her live dance Aurora in Sleeping Beauty....:yes: Alina Cojocaru!! :yes: She is the BEST DANCER ALIVE! Does anyone know how short/tall she is....i couldn't tell by sitting in the audience of the Royal Opera House.

Edited by born2bprima

rubiraven

I understand that she is about 5'2" tall, quite petite and lovely. I have not had the chance to see her dance in person, only on video :)

dbleon

DD was fortunate enough to watch the full dress rehearsal of "Stars of the 21st Century" on Monday afternoon ....she is still in "awe" of these talents :wub:

Guest dance darling5

I haven't yet but I would LOVE to meet Paloma Herrera or Julie Kent

bannanafeet90

Well Christpher Stowell is the Artistic Director of my school so i see him all the time and he actually knows me and my name!!! i have also met Patricia Barker two years ago when i went to the summer program and got her autograph and picture. Also Gavin Larson is a Princapal in our company. i dont really know anyone else but my friend met barishnikov when she was at SAB two summers ago. She called me screaming :thumbsup: because she was in the elavator with him and she took a picture of him. he didnt let anyone have autographs though. i was so jealous!!! :):blushing:

balletluver91

I have had many master classes which include Maxim B, Sasha Radetsky, Alla Khaniashvilii and her her huband(I forget his name), and more but I can't think of their names!!!! I have also met Ethan Stiefel and Irnia Dvorovenko

balletluver91