Sarah Ann

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel Johnson

• Sarah Ann

• Laschwen

Its not the tights the rise, its the leotard which slips against the material of the tights. I usually don't where any tights but bodywrappers and their material is quite slippery so the leo can move easier against it then it can my skin. I don't now how this is with any other tights, but I assume it would be the same, but I don't know. :P

• 10 months later...

I must confess I have worn my tights on the outside :lol: but only when I was allowed to wear black ones. Ever since the studio policy changed and inforced a dress code for pink tights i always wear them inside. I have to agree, that most girls that still wear them on the outside do have a bite of "bit me, im cool" 'tude to them :pinch: .

Edited by Danzatriz

at my studio we have to do the whole pink tights/black leotard scene. whenever we get a chance to go out of dress code (rehearsals, modern, yoga, adult class, etc) we go all out. i wear pink or black tights over my leotard because i think its more comfortable and because i think it looks good. however, if i am wearing pink tights over, i wear little black knitt shorts with my pink tights sticking out of the top because its cute. girls at my studio in the highest level (8) wear their pink tights over their leos cause its a form of rebelion and a fashion statement.

i used to hate the pink tights over look, the diaper thing, but when i went out to college a lot of the girls did that and i realised it does make your legs look longer and is flattering to my hips and butt. plus, if you have to wear your leotard all day, from one thing to another without changing back and forth and dont like having tights on under tight jeans, you can slip them off and on easily and no thave to worry about changing

I have to agree, that most girls that still wear them on the outside do have a bite of "bit me, im cool" 'tude to them  :)  .

I have a 'tude that I lay on students when a dress code is supposed to be enforced. It's called "Get out of my class and don't come back."

girls at my studio in the highest level (8) wear their pink tights over their leos cause its a form of rebellion and a fashion statement.

And rebellion in the classroom is not permitted. The "fashion statement" is flatly copying the girl's costume in Balanchine's "Duo Concertante".

Of course rebellion is not permitted in the classroom, or anywhere else for that matter (if it where, it would cease to be rebelling against something). Still, personally I go to class to learn, not to rebell -and if I were to rebell I'd want to look good doing it (which I do not think is achieved with the whole pink tights outside look :) -just a thought )

even if i wanted to wear tights over my leotard, i couldnt because we have a dress code of black leotard and pink tights.. although i wish it were switched.. pink leotards and black tights!

I actually really like the look of black tights over your leotard expectually stirrup tights it gives you a great line and it makes you look thin plus its diff from your everyday pink tights!!! Black tights under your leotard is what looks hideous!!!

This has been really interesting for me to read. I am so uninfomred that when I occasionally saw this "ammendment" to the usual dance attire, I thought it was a way of assisting with hip alignment, with the waistband of the pink tights serving as a sort of hip alignment belt. Had no idea it was so psychological - sign of rebellion, attitude, fashion statement, etc.!

I saw one of the male students at Dds school wearing something that was "new" to me. It looked like he had cut off the elastic waistband off a pair of pink Capezio tights and was using it as a belt. Dd said that he didn't last through the first class with his new belt!

actually, i cut the tops of my old capezio tights and use them as hip belts because i find them more comfortable and they seem to stay in place better. i thnk capezio should sell the tops of tights alone.. i would buy them! plus, i think it looks cute with the matching pink tights and black leotard.. :)

i agree black tights under a colored leotard is gross :jawdrop::huh:

In classical ballet classes tights over leotard has no place, but I'm not a classical ballet dancer, I've never wanted to be a clasical ballet dancer and will never be a classical ballet dancer...I just wear my tights over my leotard because I wear so many layers on my botten half that it was much easier to pull them all down at once. It doesn't look bad in a rehersal setting or informal class but it does look very un-uniformed....I suppose uniforms are their for a reason...I don't like wearing them....never have, never will....unless its cute and has lts of different choices! :huh:

I did never had the idea to wear tights over a leo...and I have never seen someone. I just asked myself what the use of it could be and I thought that maybe you can pull them off while class (but again...why?) I have those tights with the holes at the feet (I don't know how you call them in English :) ) so if I need to be barefoot quickly I can roll them up as far as I want to.

I guess my teacher would kill me if I would go to class with tights over leo. I will try that out at the first of april, he,he,har,har :wink: