Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
e'smom

Dance Theatre of Harlem

e'smom

Need feedback from anyone who has been to the summer intensive in the recent past, or sent a student, or is familiar with the program, especially if you came to the program from outside New York. Have posted this on the SI 2003 site and have had no response.

BW

e's mom - here is a thread on DTH that is not from that long ago - why don't you post on it to bring it back up? Perhaps you can PM some of the other posters? Dance Theater of Harlem's SI Cabriole has the most to say. B)

e'smom

Thanks so much - I do not have PM privileges yet but this really helped.

BW

Glad it helped! Do try to use the search function and the more options...take your time, really figure it out...dates, topics, posts, etc. Try, try again! :wub: Always happy to help, e's mom.

thedriver

Thank You DerfDude04 for this link. I had heard rumors about DTH closing their school. I hope their web appeal is successful. Although not significant I did make a donation. :yes:

BW

To read some background dating from September on this subject and the temporary disbandment of DTH check out this link Dance Theatre of Harlem on the other Ballet Talk board.

Edited by BW

Guest DerfDude04

Heard on the Radio on the way to dance class (what a coincidence) that Dance Theatre of Harlem's School is re-opening, and the company is scheduled to re-open in the summer. The news on the radio mentioned something about them having a "conference" or so to speak for the people who just recently donated money to the company.

BW

Nine times out of ten, if you check the other Ballet Talk board you'll find current information on things like this, check this link for more: DTH :thumbsup:

I say this all the time, so forgive me if it's :green: but if one wants to be "in the know" about what's going on in the ballet world, Ballet Talk is full of information and the Links forum is worth checking early and often. :)