Ballet Talk for Dancers

How can I be Consistent?

Guest nyMETdancer

Guest nyMETdancer

:innocent::green::rolleyes::wink::flowers::sweating:

UGH! I wish I could just wake up one morning and be able to doa dubble en pointe everytime I try. But I know that wont happen anytime soon so I would like to hear some of your tecniques ( bad speller sorry :sweating: , on how to turn consistantly, when doing piroettes en pointe And any advice would be helpful and much appriciated.

• Administrators

Pirouettes are a matter of a whole lot of ingredients coming together at the right moment. That means consistantly being able to be correctly placed in your preparatory position, knowing exactly how much force you need at the moment of impetus for the relevé and the rotation into the turn, the correct use of the back muscles, strength on the relevé and being able to maintain your center in that position, and of course the use of the head. So, once you master all of these things, one could expect some consistancy, however you do have to remember that we are humans, not robots, so while the kinetic memory works pretty well, it can still get sidetracked sometimes. The more often you get it all together, the more consistent it will become, but everyone has bad days when some things just don't come together. Keep working! :rolleyes:

Guest nyMETdancer

what do you mean " shouting"? I hit the keyboard's " caps lock" and I am the kind of typer that doesn't look up so when I was done I realized it was all in caps. I am sorry if that bothers you , but I didn't know many people were alergic to caps?

We are, unless it's done for EMphasis, or other good reason, otherwise, it's rude, crude and boorish. :)

• Administrators

nyMetdancer, in polite internet speak, typing in all caps is considered shouting. Therefore, when you type in all caps, it is assumed you are shouting at us. It also means that you cannot emphasize any specific words by using caps, since they are all caps.

There is an Edit button at the top of every post. Very easy to fix a post that did not come out quite right.

Guest knittingdancer2

some tips that my teacher told me is to have a big fourth-tondue and then slide a little bit- think of turning your back to the front first, and then think of bring your elbow (same arm as leg in passe) back.

hope that helps!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

• Administrators

Knitting dancer, I'm sorry, as I know you are trying to help, however that advice does not make any sense at all, and could very easily lead to quite improper technique. :blushing: Describing how to do pirouettes is really very complicated, and even a tiny thing, like "turning your back to the front first", could be very misleading. And of course one does not "bring" an elbow anywhere! The arms move from the back muscles, and not from the elbows :wink: