Whom do you prefer?  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Whom do you prefer?

• Angel Corella
    • Ethen Stiefel
    • Jose Manuel Carreño
    • Vladimir Malakhov

gogators

I am withholding my vote until I see the "Kings of the Dance" performance in next month at the OC Performing Arts Center! :D

"Four of today’s greatest dancers take center stage for an incomparable display of the power and prowess of the male dancer. American Ballet Theater’s Angel Corella and Ethan Stiefel, Johan Kobborg of The Royal Ballet and Bolshoi Ballet star Nikolay Tsiskaridze will each dance world premiere works by some of today’s most sought-after choreographers, as well as breathtaking solos from beloved classical ballets. Additionally, all four stars join in a brand new work by Christopher Wheeldon."

More info: OCPAC website

Guest pink tights

Malakhov. Those feet and that back! Breathtaking!

balletbum74

That is SO hard to answer! I chose Angel. He is a talented dancer who can turn and jump like no other. Jose Carreno is such a virtuoso dancer with nice technique. Vladimir Malakhov is incredibly graceful. Those pictures on the Men of ABT documentary made him look almost feminine. Ethan Stiefel though... I'm not sure but I don't really seem to like him. The intensity in his eyes during ABT's The Dream make him stand out with these men though.

Guest UBAgirl15

i agree with the poll i would have to say Corella is the best out of them all his jumps are so amazing :(

Perfectpointe731

That was a hard decision...we watched the Born To Be Wild video about the ABT guys and they were all amazing! I absolutely loved Ethan Steifel in Center Stage, but I ended up picking Corella because he is wonderful and complely adorable!

Guest carjorud74

Jose is the best all-round dancer of the four. I have been watching him since he came to ABT in 1995. But, it goes without saying that any of the four would be welcomed in any world-class company.

borntodance

I absolutely love Ethan Stiefel! He's got my vote. Not only is he exciting to watch, he's not bad to look at either. When my dd auditioned for Stiefel and Stars in Boston, he came into the lobby accompanied by Gillian Murphy, and they both looked liked movie stars. Everyone in the place turned their heads to stare, myself included. He was wonderful and kind to the kids auditioning, something that goes a long way in my book.

lbella

Angel Corella :)

sballetgrl

Well, I think that Ethan Stiefel is the best-looking of these four, but I admire Angel Corella because he is a lefty (as am I) so he sorta inspires me.

aletheia146

I picked Angel. I love Jose's beautiful technique and calm macho stage presence, and I love Vladimir's flexibility, grace, and great Russian training. Ethan is quite a good actor and has nice lines and some nice jumps, but he's my least favorite of the four. I love Angel because it's really inspiring to see the joy he has when he dances, but he can also play tragic roles like Siegfried. His life story is also very inspiring. I didn't know he was a lefty! As in left-handed or a left turner? I'm left-handed.

PrettyonPointe45

Angel Corella. I really don't like Ethan Steifel for some reason - maybe because of his character in Center Stage? :helpsmilie:

christa1217

Angel Corella is definetely my top pick with Malakhov being close second. I've never seen Jose Carreno perform and I recognize Stiefel from Center Stage. I think that all these dancers are very talented and just plain amazing but Corella has that "X" factor, for me anyways.

Snowflake

Ethan Stiefel...100%! I met him in peson, and he has a great personality..and he is an ah-mazing dancer!

Guest ForeverSewingPointeShoes

I have taken class quite a few times with each of these guys, except Malakhov. I have seen them all perform and each time Angel has risen above the rest. Jose is quite friendly and before I knew who he was I kind of befriended him. Another classmate sais one day, "You know who that is don't you?" I didn't realize for all that time that I had been barremates with a superstar! Angel in class is nowhere near the as exciting as he is on stage. He lights up any audience. Malakhov has impressive technique but not the artistic diversity of Corella. As for Ethan, he gets an "eh"

silvy

Vladimir Malakhov - reason? the Russian training!!!!!

My second choice is Carreño - reason? the Cuban training!!!!!!

:)