• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hans

• sylphide

• balletbum74

• svetlana)wannabe

Yevgenia Obratstova. !!

She was an outstanding role model when she guested at DD's Nutcracker last year. Dancing skills, people skills, physical beauty, the whole package. Whew.

Diana Vishneva! Although I have never seen her perform live, my grandmother has and she said that she was just amazing. She is just so expressive and you can see that she has a passion for dance- and her technique is wonderful too! :D

AH! Oh my goodness Svetlana Zakharova is one of my favourite dancers ever! So is Diana Vishneva! I also really like Zhanna Ayupova!!! :shrug:

:flowers:

• 1 year later...

Current dancers, Alina Somova and Olesia Novikova. Still dancing but not as much Yulia Makhalina. This is actually a tough question to answer since Kirov dancers are all fantastic. These dancers I've observed doing certain roles which they have captured and presented exquisitely. I noticed there are no male reps. I like Farukh Ruzimatov (Mr. Dinamite) and Anton Korsakov. I wish I could see faces and have names clearly attached to the faces at the same time so I could identify more of those I enjoy.

Diana Vishneva!!!! :) The video online of her and Malakhov in Manon is breathtaking! Also, Igor Zelensky, Faroukh Ruzimatov, Yulia Makhalina, Nureyev, Baryshnikov, Alla Sizova (her Medora with Nureyev is fantastic!), Alina Somova, Zhanna Ayupova, Uliana Lopatkina, Konstantin Zaklinsky, and Altynai Asylmuratova are my other favorites. And the corps de ballet. The were absolutely perfect in Swan Lake!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Diana Vishneva - I love the videos of her in the Prix De Lausanne 2004, and Uliana Lopatkina

Diana Vishneva - I love the videos of her in the Prix De Lausanne 2004, and Uliana Lopatkina

Sorry, I meant 1994 :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

OMG, I just have to share my adoration for Olesya Novikova. I only discovered her a few days ago, and I was instantly in love. Not since Gillian Murphy has a dancer captivated me in such a way. And she's so beautiful too! :):wink::wub: