Ballet Talk for Dancers
Guest sweetie

Ballet Schools in California - San Diego

RaisingBallerina

An update on SDAB and CPBP - California Professional Ballet Program (Maxim Tchernychev's program) is back at the San Diego Academy of Ballet's Kearney Mesa campus.  The programs have separate schedules but some overlap (Mr. Max's students take class with Ms. Sylvia once per week and vice versa).  Time will tell if more merging happens.  Spring recitals were separate, but the change only happened a few months ago.

CPBP still does not have a website, but both schedules are on the SDAB website.

Max has a large and very devoted group of adult dancers for morning classes, too.

snowelena

Hi, I'm looking for a pre-professional ballet school in northern San Diego Area. I came across The New West Ballet School and I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding the quality of training and instructors at this school. I'm also looking for other school recommendations in this area and would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!

Grapesoda

Can’t say enough good about Lynch Dance Institute.  They’re in Poway. Tim and Alex are top-notch in every aspect. Check them out. 

GratefulMom

Agree on LDI. Love what they are teaching my daughter in technique and in mind, body, heart and soul. 

Noodles

Third vote to check out Lynch Dance Institute in Poway. Timothy Lynch and Alexandra Dickson both danced professionally at PNB and have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to teaching, performing and bringing out the best in their dancers. Their students are getting into top tier summer programs as well. 

snowelena

Thank you so much!