Ballet Talk for Dancers

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taradriver

• Chronus24

• momdeb

Based on our friend's experience last year, audition results are sent within a few weeks. Please note that TCU has express requirements for the audition, including a form, photo and solo on DVD; it would be wise to contact the dance department ASAP. tcu.edu for more info.

DD took a ballet class there last week and I was allowed to observe. They invited her stay for a modern class as well. She loved it! GO FROGS!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the audition is done and everything has been turned in. I'm going out on a limb here from my usual mumblings and saying that I had a heck of a good audition and the auditioners seemed to like me, at least cause they kept smiling at me. Again, I was the only guy in the class and I heard they have 3 guys graduating this year. They also let me take a ballet class that previous thursday so I got to meet the faculty and all. And the class itself was fun and not overwhelming at all...I thought I kept up well. They asked me to stay for a modern class too, which was helpful for the audition. For the most part, it seemed like that they actually liked me, even after they saw me dance (god forbid...)

I was on for pretty much everything in the Ballet audition, and didn't feel at all out of place...the modern audition was...interesting...it was my third full modern class since I started dance so as you can imagine I was a bit apprehensive. Especially when she gave us 8 counts of "improv"...

Anyway, I am focusing on POSITIVE results from this audition, as opposed to when I auditioned at OU and knew from the get-go more or less that I wasn't to get in. So, with that said, I'm thinking that it will be about 2 weeks until I get my ACCEPTANCE letter...yes, thinking positively...woo...and stuff!...yay...I'm serious, this is me as an optimist...

we are always in need of boys :unsure:

good job being optimistic! if I may add to that, I thought you did a good job in ballet class, kept up quite well, definitely. I was impressed. it's so good that you took those extra classes, it gives the faculty more exposure to you. plus you got to see what a real class was like! anyway, I didn't see the audition but I'm sure you were great

you'll have to let us know the results!

Good luck, Chronus! Aren't the dance department folks just lovely? DD also has taken a ballet & modern class at TCU this semester and enjoyed both. She'll audition in January. Let us know if you'll be a Horned Frog next fall!

Apple, are you loving it?

I am loving it! We just did the fall concert a week or two ago and I got to dance in Giselle, which was such a privilege as a freshman in my opinion. I love all my teachers, and my academics aren't bad either! If anyone has questions I can do my best to answer them, now that I've been here a few months :) It's turning out to be the perfect school for me I think! I'm very happy

Apple, as soon as you get enough posts, expect a PM. We have a friend at TCU, also a ballet major, and she loves it, too. Hav been told they are actually going to build a new dance facility. Congrats on Giselle, too! :) It is really a big deal for a freshman to dance in the Fall Concert.

:thumbsup: Congratulations Chronus - all your hard work and perseverence has paid off!!! Your joy is so infectious - put a big smile on my face this morning - I can feel your happiness jumping off the screen!