• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• star_reacher

• mohnurka

• ElphieBean

• Fraildove

It's Natalia Makarova and Anthony Dowell, so yes, the dancing is THE reason to buy it. :thumbsup:

I would say the SPBT version with Irina Kolesnikova. I saw it at my local theatre in February, it was amazing!

ElphieBean :lol:

jddancingqueen

I don't know if its on dvd, but I really love ABT's version that was on PBS a couple of years ago, starring Gillian Murphy. If anyone finds it, please let me know because I want it, too!

Jddancingqueen,

I just rented the Gillian Murphy and Angel Corella version, but I'm not sure if thats the one your talking about. :flowers: If it is, I thought it was really good.

Has anyone seen the one with Svetlana Zakharova and Gianni Chisleni? I was just wondering how good it is (in terms of recording. the dancing will obviously be amazing :lol:)

yes, thats the version i meant as well. :)

I saw Diana Vishneva dance it live last night. She was amazing. That would be nice to have on video. She is a true dance actress. :):thumbsup::thumbsup::crying::D

Memo,

AH! You are so lucky you got to attend the Sunday matinee performance. I was planning to go on student rush, as I went via strudent rush at ABT, but called and had the sad unfortunate of hearing that there was no student rush. :[ Hopefully I will be able to see Diana Vishneva sometime!

jddancingqueen
:wink: Tillie and Elphiebean, yes that is exactly the one and thank you so much for the link! I've been trying to find The Dream, as well, so it looks like I've got some shopping to do...or Christmas lists to make! :thumbsup:
Memo,

AH! You are so lucky you got to attend the Sunday matinee performance. I was planning to go on student rush, as I went via strudent rush at ABT, but called and had the sad unfortunate of hearing that there was no student rush. :[ Hopefully I will be able to see Diana Vishneva sometime!

:thumbsup: Yes Alysse it was sold out. I was lucky enough to get a single seat in the Orchestra section about a week before. I am so glad I went. It was an opportunity to see a ballerina who will be (if she is not already) a true legend in classical dance. I have not seen the likes of that in a long time. :wink:

The version with Zakharova has its ups and downs. She is amazing, but i didnt care that much for the corps. But the filming quality is fine, i dont recal being distracted by that. I have quite a few swan lakes, and it ranks in my top 3, the others being Makarove and Mazentsiva (I know i didnt spell that right!)

My personal favorites are with Galina Mezentseva and Konstantin Zaklinsky, and with Yulia Makhalina and Igor Zelensky. Both are available on Amazon.

I don't have the time right now to describe, but I will later.