Ballet Talk for Dancers
msd

The Amazon Link

msd

Hello! I know that if I choose to enter Amazon.com via the link at the top of all ballet talk pages and purchase something, bt gets a small bonus. Does Amazon give anything to ballet talk if I just enter their site via that banner ad, or only when I purchase? (As my husband will attest, owning books...and more books...is one of my vices...so I am clicking through that link often.) Thanks! msd

BW

msd, I believe that someone actually has to purchase something at Amazon (when they go through the banner) in order for Ballet Talk to get the benefit.

Alexandra

Thanks for asking -- yes, you have to buy something. There are ad banner programs that pay a penny or two to the site if visitors clck on them, but I haven't wanted to do that -- I find them distracting and I hate them when I"M visiting a site. I thought the Amazon link would be beneficial to us, but also worthwhile to visitors.

ALSO -- you have to go through that link for every buying session. Not per book, of course. If you clck on the link and buy two books, that's fine. But if yoiu go in in the morning to buy one book, and then think, in the afternoon, that you really wanted to buy twelve and are somewhere else on the Net, and so key in www.amazon.com -- that doesn't help us.

You can also buy tapes, DVDs, records, lawnmowers, sheets, toys, cookware and childrlen's clothes :shrug:

Treefrog

Now we just have to convince Amazon to sell leotards, tights, and pointe shoes! :shrug:

Alexandra

Not sure about the pointe shoes, but I'll bet if you put in "leotards" you'd come up with something!

msd
if yoiu go in in the morning to buy one book, and then think, in the afternoon, that you really wanted to buy twelve

That's me -- the bibliophile. Thanks, Alexandra. I will continue to enter the site via the banner and yes -- I have found the kitchen department also tempting.

Thanks again. msd