Ballet Talk for Dancers
balletqueen3450

Svetlana Zakharova

Marga

Marc Haegeman's photos of Svetlana

When you say "get" more pictures of her, I hope you don't mean taking a photographer's shots and saving them to your computer to be used on a webpage or in some other way, without permission. Marc specifically will not allow this and his internet photos are imprinted with his name and copyright. Viewing the pics, however, is encouraged! :yes:

pink_tutu

She's my favorite dancer!!!!!!!

I'm so happy because my mom ordered the new DVD of her in Swan Lake, but I have to wait until Christmas to watch it. I really am not supposed to know that she ordered it, but we got an email from Amazon that confirmed the order. lol :innocent:

Has anyone seen the DVD yet? What did you think of it?

mohnurka

I have seen the "La Fille du Pharaoh" - "The Pharaoh's Daughter." Absolutely charming!! Great dancing - technically nearly perfect, and since this ballet is not one full of drama, the dancing is just joyful. I also enjoyed the freshness of the ballet.

Some parts are just marvelous! (Sorry for the over excitement, but I've watched it a couple dozen times already).

Nikya

I have seen the Swan Lake DVD, in which she dances with Roberto Bolle.

I must say that i expected a lot more, though, because from what I have seen online, she's wonderful. Of course she's stunning in swan lake also, but her Odette was poor,not very expressive, while I liked her Odille.

I'm looking forward to seeing Pharao's Daughter now.

gabb
Oh, I forgot to say that I did get to meet her after the performance with the Kirov. I was with someone who spoke Russian so they spoke to her and she posed for a photo with me.

-really! my daughter is going to russia this summer and she is a super fan of zakharova ,how can she met her?

Clara 76

Yes the link works- there is about 1:51 seconds worth of clip.

*Edited to add: Oh, I get it! If you click on the filmstrip to the right of the video you can see the whole thing!! DUH! :thumbsup:

toedancer

I saw several different clips from the link. Thanks for posting it Pointeyourfeet.

toedancer

Is there any way to save the clips? :thumbsup:

mohnurka

With regards to Swan Lake...I have watched it only once, a while ago, so I don't remember all the little details. One thing that struck me was that since she was a guest artist with La Scala ballet, the performance didn't quite have the cohesion and smoothness that I would've liked. She seemed to dance in her style, La Scala corps de ballet danced in their own style, and at times the contrast in technique/style/artistry was a bit distracting. I also did not notice a lot of connection between Zakharova and Bolle.

Regardless of all this, the performance was still interesting to watch, though probably not my favorite.

That said, I should probably watch it again, in case I missed something the first time.

Ballet Obsessed

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how tall Svetlana is? :) I LOVE her and she just seems so perfect and I recently heard that she's over 5'8". I don't know if that's true or not and I was just wondering if anyone knew how tall she really is.... :thumbsup:

Clara 76

I don't know exactly how tall she is but her legs alone must be at least 5'!!!!! They're GORGEOUS!!! :blushing:

Ballet Obsessed
I don't know exactly how tall she is but her legs alone must be at least 5'!!!!! They're GORGEOUS!!! :P

Definitely, whenever I see her dancing I'm mesmerized by her legs... They're just that gorgeous!!! :)

svetlana)wannabe

svetlana is my favorite as well! (as you can probably tell from my username) as a lot of other people have said, you can buy recordings of ballets she was in and youtube.com is always great to look at. just type in her name and search and there are A LOT of different videos feat. Svetlana.