Ballet Talk for Dancers
KitriSpanishDancer

Favorite Ballet

dancetillyoudrop

The Nutcracker or Sleeping Beauty. They're both so beautiful and magical; I love 'em both! :D

ballerina1255

Paquita because it is fierce.

ashbash

I love La Bayadere 'cause the music and the story is so beautiful, then probably either Swan Lake or Giselle.

dancinglifeaway

Definitely The Nutcracker. I makes me think of Christmas. :D However, I really enjoyed our productions of Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella and The Wizard of Oz.

patricia216

I love the Paquita because of its beautiful music and choreography... :clapping:

jflyte

I love Giselle, mainly because I am always amazed at how the dancer playing the title role has to portray so many different emotions. I also love La Fille Mal Gardee because it makes me laugh.

Sarabande

There are so many to decide from! Right now, as far as classics go, I would have to say La Bayadère, La Fille Mal Gardée, Don Quixote, Romeo and Juliet, and Swan Lake (love, love, LOVE Tchaikovsky! :wub: ) I really like Serenade, Ballo della Regina, Concerto Barocco, Agon, Jewels, Duo Concertant, The Four Temperaments, Apollo...okay, anything by Balanchine :) I also loved the production of Othello that our company did a few years ago.

I recently discovered this clip of the ballet The Concert on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO0mC_FSw6M), and can safely say it is the funniest ballet I have ever seen....

Sarabande

How did I forget After the Rain??

smileyballerina

I love Balanchine, so I'm going to go with Serenade, Who Cares? (I actually got the opportunity to perform in both!), Concerto Barocco, Jewels, and the little part of Pas de Dix that I've seen. You can't go wrong with any choreography of Swan Lake, though!

Victoria Leigh

Hate to tell you, but I have seen quite a few Swan Lakes go very, very wrong! :(

aspirant_dancer

Should it be a classical ballet or can it be a neoclassical/contemporary? To perform, my favorite classical ballet is probably Nutcracker. I really love the music. To watch would probably be Serenade or basically anything Balanchine! I also really love Jewels (especially rubies :happy: ).

FiaBallerina8

My favorite is SF Ballet's Nutcracker! When I saw it last year, Kristina Lind was the snow queen and she is absolutely gorgeous!

ViolaDancer

PNB Nutcracker (being retired this year)

Rubies from Emeralds

Who Cares

Hoping to keep finding more favorites!

Victoria Leigh

ViolaDancer, Rubies and Emeralds are from the ballet Jewels. :)

Hawk

I must say my favorite ballet is definitely RB Giselle with either Alina Cojacaru and Johan Kobborg or Natalia Osipova and Carlos Acosta. So beautiful! I am also a big fan of Serenade and Don Quixote:)