Ballet Talk for Dancers to close ×
Ballet Talk for Dancers

Meeting with Teacher

balletstar811

The artistic director of my school, also the head teacher, has posted a sign up sheet for end of year meetings. Each are 15 minutes, so naturally, I signed up. So I only have a small amount of time... what should I ask her to get everything in? Would it be okay to bring a list of questions? Would it be okay to ask about moving up to the next level (whether or not I did for next year)? And about a dance career? Sorry, I just want to make sure it goes alright and I don't embarass myself or forget things to ask.

• Administrators

A list would be a good idea, balletstar :rolleyes: But I'm sure she will also have some things to say, and she might answer some of your questions before you even ask them!

At PNB we have 2 conferences a year, and they always encourage us to ask any questions we might have. But as Ms. Leigh said, they usually seem to answer your questions before you even ask them.

Guest imadancer

hey,

I know how you feel I just did the same thing. Don't forget to relax!!

A list is also a great idea -wish I'd have thought of that-

anyways, I hope this helps :P

Guest live2dance115

I remeber I had my first conference last summer and I got really nervous, but just relax. I would definatly bring a list of questions, such as:

What are my strengths/weaknesses?

What do I need to work on?

Do I need to take anymore classes?

Do I need to take anymore types of dance?

How is my pointe work?

What level will I be in next year?

Do you think I am doing well for my age?

And more questions like that, I just gave you those questions to help you start thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, for all of your advice. The meeting did not go too well. Oh well. :wink: