Ballet Talk for Dancers
silvy

Paul Vasteling of Nashville Ballet - seeking info

silvy

I have the following enquiry:

I was informed that the artistic director of Nashville Ballet (Paul Vasterling) will come to Buenos Aires to teach a course next month (July). I might be interested in attending it, but I would like to know what style he teaches (whether Russian, American, Balanchine, RAD, Royal Ballet, etc).

Is anyone able to help me with this'

Thanks so much

Silvy

werlkj

I've seen a ballet (his choreography) that he himself set. Based on what I saw, I'd say "american," whatever that is. From what I saw and have heard since, his choreography is generally in the contemporary ballet genre. I've also heard that he is a really nice person. (Shortly after I saw his ballet, a couple of the dancers left their company for his.) Don't know if that helps, but...

Guest fastfeets

Paul Vasterling is quite nice. The company folks are just fantastic, too.

I take classes at School of Nashville Ballet (adult division) and there's no specific style the classes are based within, but it's closest, I think, to Vaganova(but more accurately, an amalgam of different styles). His choreography does lean toward contemporary, but he's quite adept at the classics, as well.

Definitely take the workshop if you can.

silvy

Thanks so much both of you for having replied to my post - your answers have been of great use to me :P

Thanks a lot again :yucky:

Silvy