Ballet Talk for Dancers
Guest xballetdreamsx

buddy board...

Guest xballetdreamsx

Sorry if this wasn't supposed to go here, but I believe I have 30 posts now and have been on this board for over 2 weeks. Could I be admitted to the buddy board now? :wub: Thanks!

Victoria Leigh

xballetdreamsx, I am concerned about the Nicole and Krissy thing in your signature. Only one person can post on the board under a screen name. Which one are you, and are you the only one using the board?

Guest xballetdreamsx

I'm Nicole, Krissy is my twin. We have one computer in our house for internet, and I'm the only one that posts on this board. Sometimes I'll ask Krissy what to say to some people's questions, so that's why I put "Nicole and Krissy" in our sig. The only thing she uses the internet for is AIM and research. Sorry for any confusion! - Nicole

Victoria Leigh

Okay, Nicole, you are on the Buddy Board. If Krissy would like to post on the board, she can register under her own screen name. You would need to log off of the internet, and she would log on under a different name. Then she can register for Ballet Alert too. :innocent:

Guest xballetdreamsx

Thank you, Ms. Leigh! She's considering joining under her own name right now.

*edited later*

I'm sorry, I don't mean to bother you, but I still can't see the buddy board. Maybe it's just my computer... I'm not sure. :innocent:

mohnurka

I'm often clueless about the most obvious of things.... :D:thumbsup:

I know about the requirements of the buddy board, etc, and have known about it since joining. But I'm not sure I see it... What does the Buddy Board look like??? Does that just mean you can search and PM other people???

Thanks!

Clueless :(:)

Mel Johnson

It's actually just a chat board for topics which have only tangentially to do with ballet, but they must be about ballet somehow! The advantage there is that one can post email addresses and so on "in the clear" and not have them harvested by spammers or hacked by dirty old men. If you're under 18, you're still eligible to be entered as a "Teen". Would you like me to do that?

mohnurka

Um, no, I'll just remain like I was for now. :(. Just too complicated :). I don't have time to read the Buddy Board anyways. Thank you though.

Mel Johnson

OK by me. Nobody HAS to join the Buddy Board if they're a teen. If you're happy with your membership the way it is, more power to you!

AmaG520

Where is teh Buddy Board? Does it affect anything? I have over 30 posts but I don't know if I am part of it.

mohnurka

The buddy board is

It's actually just a chat board for topics which have only tangentially to do with ballet, but they must be about ballet somehow! The advantage there is that one can post email addresses and so on "in the clear" and not have them harvested by spammers or hacked by dirty old men. If you're under 18, you're still eligible to be entered as a "Teen". Would you like me to do that?

I believe that the moderators can enter you into the Buddy Board if they decide that you have made 30 substantial posts. You can tell if you are a member of the Buddy Board if underneath your screen name, where you can see your location, # of posts, etc, it says 'group: teen.'

Hope that helps! :o

AmaG520

Can you please add me to teh Buddy Board, as a Teen?

Victoria Leigh

Being a Teen is the only way you can get to the BB, Ama! And you should now see it on your forums list. :)

Guest HEhRSuHEgYS

I have 30 posts. Can I be admitted to the buddy board now?

Mel Johnson

OK, you should be seeing the Buddy Board on your index now.