Ballet Talk for Dancers
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PreMed318

Larger sized dance attire??

Guest PreMed318

I've just recently become interested in dancing. I'm partly doing it as a means to lose weight. I was wondering if anyone knows a website/catalog that sells larger sized dancewear?? Thanks =)

Victoria Leigh

Hi PreMed318, welcome to Ballet Alert Online and especially to the Adult Ballet forum!

I don't have a specific answer to your question as to which companies have larger sized dancewear, but all the companies have large sizes in just about everything. Have you tried www.discountdance.com ?

Guest Brenda Mc

Hi Premed318-

I have found a few Capezio leotards in XL:

(Bust:40-43, Waist:32-34, Hip:43-45),

at Adadance.com and the Capezio Dancewear Shop at pagelinx.com/cpzo.

Good Luck!

Brenda

Mel Johnson

One additional word of caution though - unless undertaken with a realistic easy-to-follow nutrition plan, ballet for weight loss won't work very well. You will experience initial water loss weight differences, but those will soon flatten out almost to nothing. Also, your profile may change, but the scale say nothing about your looking any different. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat, and even if you remove fat, the muscles will gain, so there's a kind of parity that works out there, too. That's what makes weight such a dicey thing to discuss online - but then, I'm probably preaching to the choir, here. As a pre-med, you may already have done all the homework to be set up with a decent weight-loss program. smile.gif

Kate B

I guess the question is lose weight or feel better?

Ballet might not help you lose weight but it does make you more toned and it's pretty strenuous. The best thing about it is that it is good exercise and much more fun than going to the gym or aerobics class, so in that way it is probably better for keeping fit because it's not torture going to ballet class. And you feel pretty good afterwards.

Mel Johnson

Ballet can be part of a comprehensive plan to lose weight. It can be the exercise component, and having an exercise program that makes the subject feel better is better than a grueling regimen that makes one feel just worked over instead of worked out. It just has to be a part of a whole scheme worked out with a nutrition and health professional and tailor-made to the consumer! smile.gif