Ballet Talk for Dancers to close ×
Ballet Talk for Dancers

Adult Classes in Southern CA??

Guest dances4fun

Guest dances4fun

Does anyone know of a good studio in Southern CA that has adult ballet? I'm already attending one in my area, but wanted to see if there were any others and what they are like.

Steven Inskeep still teaches at Jimmie De Fore Dance Center near the John Wayne airport in Costa Mesa. I'm not sure of his schedule but I know he teaches Saturdays. He's a really good teacher and well liked by some other people here on this forum who live in your area.

If he weren't 50 miles south of me I'd be going to his classes all the time B)

I believe he's teaching at other places as well.

Good luck!

Second vote for Jimmie Defore. I took several classes there when I was on vacation in Anaheim and enjoyed them all, including Steven Inskeep's.

2 Left Feet- The info on Adult Ballet classes in LA was helpful. If I'm not mistaken- isn't that you in a picture on her web page? :wacko:

Yes, that is me. I wasn't being vain, I just didn't have any other pictures to put on the site and I wanted to make sure there was at least one with a guy in it.

We've been taking more photos after class the last few weeks. I hope to update the site soon.

I think it is a cool picture and didn't realize that you had created the site. I say, leave it -it shows who her students are- and you certainly are a faithful one. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Orange Coast College had some excellent teachers when I was there a few years back; I don't know whether that has changed since then. It's a bargain compared to studio classes, and you will be able to network with other students and find out about other studio classes in the area. I'll also join in on the DeFore studio nominations.

Guest dances4fun

Thank you for the information about OCC. I would have to declare concurrent enrollment with the university that I attend. I will definitely check out the Jimmy DeFore studio. I plan to by my younger sister some dances classes there for christmas...she wants to try out hip-hop, while I on the other hand am content with just ballet for now.