Ballet Talk for Dancers
missy12784

Gelsey Kirkland

shulie

Hmm what addresses did you get out?

Is there an official fan mail address? If not then it is the best choice to write to her theater.

It is always good to insert an empty envelope in the one you send to herwith the request with already paid postage and your name and address written on it so she simply can use that envelope for the photos, autograph or card she is going to send you.

It makes things much easier for her and for you since the easier it is for her to reply the more likely it is she WILL reply.

:)

Mel Johnson

Ms. Kirkland is retired as a dancer and has thus no theater through which she may be contacted. It is probably best for her to be contacted through her publisher.

shulie

Oh she is by now? Seems I am not really up to date anymore re US dancers :):blushing:

Ooooops! :blushing: Ok just saw she was born 1952- you can very well be retired at her age :) I did confuse her with somebody else. :blushing::blushing::blushing: You can see I rather dance myself than knowing details about famous ballerinas....

Does she teach somewhere?

I found that mailing address:

Gelsey Kirkland

Mailing Address:

191 Silver Moss Dr. Vero Beach, FL. 32963

They say it was updated in December 2004- it seems like her home address but could be her official mailing address anyway if it is openly available on the net. Maybe give that a try.

kellyisthebestintheworld

yeah I got the first address on this fan website mailing list thing. That one was in Flordia and was going to send something to her there, but then I double checked and I got two addresses in CT. I remembered that she lived in CT with her husband, but then I remembered that she taught classes somewhere, so yeah I'm confused. How do I get her publisher's address? just address it to them with C/O Gelsey Kirkland?

Mel Johnson

"Ms. Gelsey Kirkland

C/o (Publisher's name

and address)"

Mel Johnson

If you got the book and read the copyright page, you'd find out! We won't do EVERYTHING for you!

kellyisthebestintheworld

lol....I got it figured out! Thanks everyone, I'll let you know if she responds. I had already addressed it like that, glad it was right!

kellyisthebestintheworld

what does imprint mean? I went to her publishers site to make sure I got the address right and they said to write it like this:

(authors name)

c/o (imprint) Publicity

375 Hudson Street

New York, NY 10014

I did everything on my envelope except the imprint thing. that was before I looked at this. I should check next time, but is it ok to leave it like I have it? like this:

Ms. Gelsey Kirkland

C/O Penguin Group (USA)

375 Hudson Street

New York, NY 10014

Guest Sleeping Beauty
If you got the book and read the copyright page, you'd find out!  We won't do EVERYTHING for you!

Woah, chill...I plan on buying the book, I don't have it yet. It doesn't mean I'm not interested, it means I'm broke. Jeez.

Mel Johnson

Kelly, that's fine. Penguin should be able to route the message from their mailroom.

(Imprint) might help them though. "Imprint" just means the title of the book that you're writing about, e.g. Dancing on My Grave.

kellyisthebestintheworld

ok thanks for everyone's help! :)

lampwick

Isn't she teaching in Australia?

kellyisthebestintheworld

I hope not, it'll take a while for her to get the letter....oh well, I'll live!

nikki00

Last time I checked Ms. Kirkland was the head of the ballet department of 'Dance World 301' in Melbourne, Australia... not sure if she still is though..