Ballet Talk for Dancers to close ×
Ballet Talk for Dancers

What is the hardest part of dance class?

EmilyPdancer

hey....i know i have already posted a topic similar to this...but i have become stronger since my last post..so i wanted to do this survey again. What is the hardest pard of class for ya'll? for me..it is tendues and adagio. my teacher says that i focus to much on my legs, and not enough on my upper body during tendues, so i need to work on that. that is hard for me because i always forget to keep my knees streight. i have gotten better at it, but still talkes alot of my concentration. i love adagion because it gives me a chance to express myself during class, but i hate adagio because it requires alot of streingth and endurance. i need to get stronger in my legs, and hopefully both of those problems will be solved.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EmilyPdancer

• Victoria Leigh

• TomarkenFan89

• ballerine177

The hardest things for me are frappes to the back (supporting leg tends to wobble) and only occasionally adagio (I have very high extensions, but sometimes I have to lower it to keep my balance).

My hardest part of class is frappes also! For some reason it always looks really bad and I feel very sloppy even though I am trying very hard!!!!

Do any of you have a hard time doing frappes to the back, like I do? Like I said, my supporting leg tends to wobble everytime I do it, and I don't feel I strike hard enough to the back. (Ms Leigh or Major Mel, can any of you help with this problem?)

Guest imadancer

the hardest thing for me is either adagio or petit allegro :wink:

i also have a problem with tour-jetes i do a sort of rdj in the air

oh wait and turning!!! especially shanae(sp?) turnes and pirouettes!!

Guest Mollieochie

TORJETES!!!! (sp??) and degages. I can not seem to "whip" myself around during torjetes, and end up doing a funny looking rand de jamb (sp?) thing in mid air. My teacher says i need to have a higher grand battment front, and spot better. I'm working on it...

Degages are hard for me because I have hyperextended knees and cannot seem to close my feet in fifth very well :wink:

Love from,

Mollie

Actually, Mollie, I have those same problems, too. With the tour jetes, I have ALWAYS had a very bad habit of doing an RDJ in mid air rather than two quick battements and I have been caught spotting too late. I also have hyperextended knees and have to have a VERY slight space between my feet when standing in 5th. For some odd reason though, when I'm either on pointe or standing flat in pointe shoes, I seem to have a much tighter 5th. Why that is, I do not know...

Petit allegro here.

I Just can't seem to get everything fast and clean enough. It is very fun though, just not one of them things I get a solo for in a performance. B)

For me it's pirouettes, well actually any turn! B) haha, I just wasn't born a turner, but I'm working on it!

Ya...fast degages are also hard for me because i try to streighten my knee and pointe my foot all the way and then i get behind in the music....it frustrates me ...lol