Ballet Talk for Dancers

tendu jété??

Guest Shada

Guest Shada

Okay, here's one for Mel or Ms. Leigh, or anyone else with a clue...LOL. I ran across the term "battement tendu jété" somewhere recently, and hadn't heard it before. I can't seem to find a definition anywhere.... Help? :)

[ 04-11-2001: Message edited by: Shada ]

Shada, battement tendu jete or tendu battement jete is the term used in Russian Pedegogy for jete, degage, or glisse. I am not sure if it is in Gail Grant or not but you may find it in Kostrovitskaya, Vaganova, Tarasov or any of the Soviet Era books. Perhaps others but these are the ones I know of. Good luck and enjoy reading the vast differences in terminology.

One nice side effect to calling it tendu jete is that it reinforces the idea that part of the step passes through tendu ;)

Guest Shada

Very true. I had guessed dégagé and worked that day especially on concentrating on the tendu. Helped a lot. Still trying to remember to do it, but the body forgets so quickly and takes instruction so slowly.... Thanks! :)

Guest WendyMV

I believe (I'll look at home to see if I'm right) that it's called that in the Vagonova technique book. (The pink paperback one...Principals of Classical Ballet?) I can't remember the title right now...