Ballet Talk for Dancers
FouetteFanatic

Nutmeg Conservatory

Moxie

How does the academic program work and what are the hours of it?

Bookmama62

Nutmeg uses Keystone for their academics. The student go to the school room from 9-1, go to lunch then they have a stretch/strengthening class at 2 the dance day ends around 8/8:30

carlyeeeeee

I will be taking a tour this Saturday. I am so excited! I hope everything works out for the fall.

carlyeeeeee

Officially will be attending on partial scholarship!!!!

Victoria Leigh

That is good news, carlyeeeeee. Congratulations!

Boydancermom

Caryleeeeee,

I have followed your journey to find the right school - and I think you made a VERY good choice. We loved Nutmeg. What a great group of dancers (and parents). Have a great year!!!

Lanaglanz

Carlyeeee....our 14 year old son just got accepted too.....congrats!!!! It's an amazing place.

My son was recently accepted and was wondering if you son likes the program. How you feel about the academics and the separate house the boys live in.

carlyeeeeee

Lanaglanz- The academics are great. Basically, what you put in is what you get out. Some people work really hard and succeed, but others don't put in much effort and lag behind. We use Keystone. The boys don't live in a separate house (only during summer). During the year, they live in the dorms in the building. They live in another "wing" and their keys don't work to get into the girls "wing".

Ballerina7373

I was accepted into their summer program, but decided not to go. I later got an email saying they'd like me to join their residence program on merit scholarship. Nobody from my school has heard of nutmeg, so I was wondering if anyone knew some of their alumni. I can't find any on their website.

carlyeeeeee

Hi Ballerina7373! I currently go to Nutmeg Year Round and I love it so so much. Congrats! Last years graduates went to Indiana University as a ballet major, Richmond Ballet, Louisville Ballet, University of Cincinnati ballet major, and a few others I can't quite remember. This year, I know one has received an offer from Colorado Ballet, as well as someone else who has received an offer with American Swiss ballet. Audition season isn't over yet so I am not too sure of other offers or positions. If you go to this link you should be able to find Nutmeg's alumni. http://nutmegconservatory.org/about-us/alumni/

Ballerina7373

Thank you carlyeeee! I'm not sure if I want to go to Nutmeg year round, but I was very flattered by their offer and am considering it! Any information you could give me about the program would be helpful. Thanks!

Ballerina7373

Also, what are your daily hours like and what are the levels like?

dustbunny

Does anyone with a child in Nutmeg's high school year-round program, or who has had a child attend recently, have experience with host family housing versus dorm housing? Any ideas on how to find potential host families? Thanks in advance.

carlyeeeeee

There hasn't been any host family situations this past year in which I attended. Dorms are what everyone use from out of town. Your best contact would be Lisa Lopez at the school. Best of luck!

dustbunny

Thanks, Carlyeeeeee!