Ballet Talk for Dancers
BW

Ballet Pacifica's new AD: Ethan Stiefel

LMCtech

San Francisco Ballet tried to do the same thing about 5 years ago. It was a disaster. What works in one city will not necessarily work in another, but it is worth a try.

These recent posts prove my theory that this debacle was caused by a board that didn't understand its job or responsibilities. Shame on them.

Pirouette30808

I just wanted to say that I absolutely adore Ethan Steifel and am happy that he is back on the East Coast where he belongs! :) I was happy for him when I found out that people wanted him to be an Artistic Director but I think I would absolutely die if he stayed across the country from me! :D

But I just had a few quick questions, when he was the Artistic Director of Ballet Pacifica did he still dance with ABT? Or did he take a break from dancing to work on forming a company? I know being an Artistic Director takes a lot of time, dedication, and is alot of hard work, but so is being a dancer. If he did both, how did he make it work? Did he just fly back and forth across the country?:thumbsup: