Ballet Talk for Dancers
Danzatriz

Answering etiquette on BA

Danzatriz

Im quite new here and I really dont want to flood the boards with: thank you's, that was great!'s, but I've only been here a while and have already recieved some pretty good adviece, and it does seem pretty unpolity to just say nothing in return :jump: , so I was wondering what the "etiquette" was when you appreciate a reply and just feel like saying;

" hey, THANK YOU! :clapping: "

Edited by Danzatriz

BW

From my own point of view, I really appreciate it when someone posts a "thank you".:clapping: I think it's safe to assume that most people do like to feel their efforts to help someone out are appreciated. :jump:

Of course it could be carried to an extreme - with thank yous and your welcomes trading spaces for post after post, but I don't think your apt to do this Danzatriz. :D

Danzatriz

:clapping:

will do!

Mel Johnson

Yes, we all like to be thanked if something has really been helpful. You don't need to be VERY correct and respond for EVERYTHING, but we like to know if something works for you, or if we've made a connection with your understanding. Thanks can be mixed with followup questions, of course, or a telling of what happened when you tried some advice, where appropriate. As you've noted, you don't want to flood the place with acknowledgements, but your posts so far have shown me that you're a sensible young woman, and won't have trouble in this area. (Costa Rican women I have known have all been very sensible, so that's not a bad reputation to have! :lol: )